1. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: TOMALES H.S.
The Bodega Bay Grange #777 is pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying Tomales High School seniors graduating in 2017. The scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, or books at a vocational school, junior college, state college, or university.
To be considered for a scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the following requirements:
1. Be a graduating senior at Tomales High School.
2. Complete and submit an application by the 2017 DEADLINE, including a typewritten essay as required by the application.
3. Submit copies of the following with the application:
a. S.A.T./A.C.T. test scores
b. High school transcript
c. High school attendance records
4. Mail entire application along with above copies and essay to:
Bodega Bay Grange #777, P.O. Box 152, Bodega Bay, CA 94923
The scholarships will be awarded to students demonstrating scholastic ability, financial need, meritorious high school attendance and participation in community and/or extra-curricular school activities.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in May 2017, and funds will be disbursed to the student when proof of enrollment is received by Bodega Bay Grange #777.
Scholarship recipients must enroll as a full time student at a vocational school, junior college, four-year college or university no later than the beginning of the fall semester or quarter 2017. Any portion of the scholarship not used or disbursed by October 1, 2017 will be returned to the Grange Scholarship Fund.
Scholarship Application Form
Name:__________________________________ Phone Number:_______________________ Address____________________________________
When will you graduate from High School?__________________________________________
List your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) and occupations (if retired give former occupation)
List names, ages and school (if applicable) of all dependents living in your household.
Name, Age, School (if enrolled)_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Are you presently employed? _________ Where? ___________________________________
Average monthly income? $___________ Other source of income?______________________
Do you plan to work while attending school? ________ What type of work? ________________
Expected monthly income? $__________________ Number of hours per week? __________
Will your family contribute toward your education expense? ________ If yes, explain: __________________________________________
What will be your living arrangements while attending school?________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you applied for or been awarded any other scholarships or grants?_______ If yes, please include the amount_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Attach to this application a typewritten statement, which you have prepared yourself (approximately 1-2 pages in length), addressing the following topics:
1. What extracurricular or community activities have you participated in while attending high school and how have these activities enriched your life?
2. What are your educational and career goals and how do you intend to achieve them?
3. Are there any special circumstances that you feel should be considered by the scholarship committee in evaluating your scholarship application?
The undersigned declares under penalty of perjury that the information provided on this application and/or any attachments is true and correct and understands that furnishing false or misleading information may result in denial of any scholarship award.
MAIL ALL TO LISTED ADDRESS ABOVE.
2. OTHER HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATIONS: USE SAME FORM ABOVE BUT LIST THE NAME OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL rather than Tomales.