The Bodega Bay Grange #777 is pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying High School seniors graduating in 2019.
The scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, or books at a vocational school, junior college, state college, or university.
To be considered for a scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the following requirements:
1. Be a graduating senior at Tomales High School OR
2. Have a connection with or be related to the Bodega Bay Grange
3. Complete and submit an application by the April 30, 2019 DEADLINE, including a typewritten essay as required by the application.
4. Submit copies of the following with the application:
a. S.A.T./A.C.T. test scores (if taken)
b. High school transcript
c. High school attendance records
5. Mail entire application along with above copies and essay to:
Bodega Bay Grange #777
P.O. Box 152
Bodega Bay, CA 94923
The scholarships will be awarded to students demonstrating scholastic ability, financial need, meritorious high school attendance and participation in community and/or extra-curricular school activities.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in May 2019.
Scholarship recipients must enroll as a full-time student at a vocational school, junior college, four-year college or university no later than the beginning of the fall semester or quarter in 2019. Funds will be distributed when proof of enrollment is received by the Grange.
Any portion of the scholarship not used or disbursed by December 31, 2019, will be returned to the Grange Scholarship Fund.
Bodega Bay Grange Scholarship Committee
When will you graduate from High School?______________
List your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) and occupations (if retired give former occupation)
List names, ages and school (if applicable)of dependents living in your house
___________________________ ____________________ ___________________________ ____________________ ___________________________ ____________________
Are you presently employed? _________ Where?_____________ ________ Average monthly income? $___________
Other source of income ________
Do you plan to work while attending school? _______ What type of work? ___
Expected monthly income? $_________ Number of hours per week? ______
Will your family contribute toward your education expense? ________ If yes, explain: ___________________________________________________________________________
What will be your living arrangements while attending school?_____________________ _____________________________________________________________
Have you been awarded any other scholarships or grants?_______ If yes, please list including amount: ______________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
Attach to this application a typewritten statement, which you have prepared YOURSELF (approximately 1-2 pages in length), addressing the following topics:
1. What extracurricular or community activities have you participated in while attending high school and how have these activities enriched your life?
2. What are your educational and career goals and how do you intend to achieve them?
3. Are there any special circumstances that you feel should be considered by the scholarship committee in evaluating your scholarship application?
The undersigned declares under penalty of perjury that the information provided on this application and/or any attachments is true and correct and understands that furnishing false or misleading information may result in denial of any scholarship award.